The Development Operations Engineer will lead and support new and existing client projects while contributing towards ongoing product innovation. Responsibilities include working as part of the mobile product development team across multiple client projects, owning portions of product enhancements as part of a broader product roadmap, mentoring other developers and contributing towards new technical innovations. The ideal candidate is highly organized, analytical and self-motivated with a proven track record in delivering web technologies.
- Scaling our systems to support growing user numbers
- Monitoring the performance of our systems in Azure
- Automating service deployment and maintenance tasks
- Maintaining high availability through fault tolerance, system standardization, and vigilant disaster recovery planning
- Working side by side with our developers to understand the inner-workings of the apps they write and ensure they are both scalable and reliable
- Creating and maintaining systems documentation
- Communicating with internal and external teams located across the globe
- Building, delivering, and managing public-private and hybrid cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, and open source and commercial DevOps technologies
- Capable and self-motivated to quickly learn new technologies, scripting languages, and frameworks.
- Solid understanding and hands on expereience with Kubernetes and docker.
- Containerizing applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on expereicne with API Gateway Using Ambassador Azure Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of Consul to enable distributed, and highly available systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems internals with a good understanding of networking and protocols. Ubuntu and Red Hat experience preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) in a production environment including EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElastiCache, and Route53.
- Ability to read and write complex Bash and Ruby scripts to automate system deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Experience using and maintaining configuration automation systems such as Chef (preferred), Ansible.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Nginx, Apache, Redis, and Memcache.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) with the ability to write SQL commands and identify and resolve performance issues.
- Experience configuring and maintaining monitoring systems such as New Relic, Graphite.
- Experience using source code management tools. GitHub preferred.
- Excellent with shell commands (sed, grep, awk, and regular expressions).